Here are 5 branding strategies that actually work to increase your sales

If your business is looking to increase sales, it might be time to refresh your brand strategy. But which branding strategies deliver the best results?

A brand strategy is something every business (including yours) should have. And by strategy, we mean the thinking that underpins all your key decision making – from how you choose your logo colour to how you deliver customer care. Check out our top five branding strategies to increase sales:

1. Build connections using live chat

Live chat software is a brilliant tool for building connections with customers online. Chatbots immediately start building a relationship around your brand through a personalised customer experience and 24/7 interaction.

Chatbots have come into their own in these socially distanced times, answering questions, dealing with doubts and converting sales when face-to-face interaction may not be possible. If you’re not yet using live chat to back up your in-person sales team, now is the time to give it a try.

2. Follow the 80/20 rule for content marketing

We’re big fans of using content marketing as a way to stay front and centre in customers’ minds. But we also know that content strategy is a hungry beast and coming up with a constant stream of new topics is tricky. This is where the 80/20 rule helps.

The 80/20 content rule = only 20 per cent of your content should directly promote your brand. The other 80 per cent (hint: the biggest chunk) should talk about topics your customers find interesting. That means pushy sales pitches are out and relatable, helpful content is in.

Things like:

• Relevant articles
• Behind the scenes / employee spotlights
• Tips / ‘how to’ blogs
• Customer spotlight / reviews
• Memes / graphics / high quality photos

The remaining 20 per cent could be branded promotions or a spotlight on your products/services. Just don’t go over the top otherwise customers will quickly switch off.

3.  Keep your message consistent

When you present your brand consistently across messaging, logo design, colour scheme, tone of voice and imagery, you’re far more likely to build a positive brand experience with your customers. Why? Because it takes time to build brand awareness.

While a perception of a brand is built within 10 seconds, it takes between 5-7 impressions before someone will remember a logo. The combination of repetition and consistency of experience over time is what fosters strong brand recognition. So if you’re going to build your brand strategy around one thing: make it consistency.

4. Make the most of social media

Let’s not forget the power of social media. How many brands do you follow? We’ve lost count but 22 per cent of people follow 10 brands or more. The best brands use social media to forge relationships that go behind boring self-promotion to build connections in places their customers choose to hang out in.  You should be doing the same.

Show different sides of your brand personality depending on the platform. Have fun on Instagram. Be ultra-responsive on Twitter. Just make sure you’re using social media to connect on a deeper level and have fun while you’re at it. Check out our quick guide to building brand awareness of social media.

5. Commit to genuine and honest communication

Successful brands use their brand strategy to demonstrate the core beliefs and values they share with their customers. With this comes the understanding that not every customer is your ideal customer. Commit to building a brand based on genuine and honest relationships and you’ll be well on your way to increasing your sales.

Like this? You may enjoy this article on how to use customer perceived value to increase sales.